Monday, July 20, 2009

Giving Care to Missionaries - Partnership Series

Several years ago when I was putting together a paper at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School I heard one of the mission professors read this verse.


3 John 5 and 6
Dear friend, you are being faithful to God when you care for the traveling teachers who pass through, even though they are strangers to you. They have told the church here of your loving friendship. Please continue providing for such teachers in a manner that pleases God.

I was a church planter in the states at the time and this verse really spoke to me. I think I immediately took it and made sure our sponsoring church saw the verses. grin. Seriously, it actually inspired me for my major project called: More Than Money! It was about how sponsoring churches can support their church planters in more ways than just giving them money.

Now after nearly 8 years overseas the verse still has great meaning for me. I am very grateful to the people and churches who enable our family to live and minister in another country. We could not do it without their financial support.

Someone sent me this link last month. I think it is pretty cool.
Take a look. It is from Desiring God Ministries.

As I continue this series on “mission partnerships” I hope you will perhaps show this to your church, small group, etc… and find some creative ways to bless missionaries.

As We Go,

Larry

No comments: