Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Exponential Conference - Orlando

I am in Orlando this week for the Exponential Church Planting Conference.
It is good to be here with all of these church planters. We (The Upstream Collective) hosted a dinner last night featuring Ed Stetzer and Alan Hirsch. We had a great time and just barely enough food. I kept having people wanting to come to the event. I just could not say no.

As I have been thinking about our event last night and various conversations that I have had since being here I am really excited to see new church plants thinking towards being involved globally from day one. As you know this is a lot of our passion that fuels the Upstream Collective. We see the church as missionary. It is a both / and proposition. It is both being involved locally and being involved globally. I think church plants have much to offer overseas. We want to help in that journey.

We have another dinner that we are hosting on Wednesday evening. It is a free dinner so if you are here and you want to come and join us stop by our booth and get a ticket. We will be talking about ways churches can be involved in church planting partnerships in Scandinavia. Or you can send me an email at larry@theupstreamcollective.org

No comments: