Friday, March 13, 2009

Let it Snow!

Kandern. Basel. Marsielle. Zurich. Adelboden (Switzerland). Prague . Atlanta. Birmingham. Richmond. All of these places have two things in common for me. I have been there in 2009 and it has snowed in each place while I have been there. I am sitting in Richmond Virginia this morning in mid March and it is snowing. I cannot believe it. I have always asked for a winter of snow. I think I have finally received my wish. I do not know if I will ask for it again in 2010. I may ask for beaches and sun.

I have been a real slacker in my writing lately and I am sorry. I hit the busy season of events and conferences that we have put on or spoken at. Not to mention 100’s of meetings in between. I am excited (can’t believe I am saying this) to get back into my study of German. I am also excited about some opportunities I see locally for ministry. Pray for me as some of these things unfold.

ALSO - I am very excited to be back with my wife and children.

I want to tell you about a dinner that is coming up in April that if you are attending the Exponential Church Planting Conference that I would love for you to attend. We are hosting along with Christian Associates International a dinner with Alan Hirsch and Ed Stetzer. The two guys are a couple of good friends and great speakers / authors and influencers of all things missional. I have asked them to come together to talk about the idea of planting a church together. What would it look like? What considerations would they make if they were planting a church together? What conversations would they have? If you are going to be in the Orlando area on Monday night April 20th at 6:30 pm and you want to attend this dinner please sign up at www.theupstreamcollective.org . The cost is 10.00 and that is to cover the cost of the meal.

1 comment:

Jeff Whitfield said...

I knew it was your fault just like it was your fault I got snowed in in Basel a couple of years ago. Yeah, start praying for sunshine please!