Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Top Five Food / Drink spots from the Tour


Coming off our tour with www.theupstreamcollective.org I decided that I needed to give a shout out to some of the best places where I ate. Of course we journaled about some other things on our blog and you should check it out for sure but I also like to eat some local food and drink some local coffee.

Here are my top five. All of these could be number one. If your favorite did not make the list please do not be offended. Maybe next time. smile

Andy's Frozen Custard - http://www.eatandys.com/ - My friend Lane Harrison at Lifepoint Ozark took me for my first and second Custard. We were only there two days. Probably the best custard in the world. I would eat way too much of this stuff if I lived there. It is good!

Bongo Javas - Great coffee in the Belmont University area - PLUS I was able to enjoy it with some great friends and my daughter. The best coffee is always enjoyed with others.

Java Joes in Lebanon. Our friend Michael Carpenter of Matthew's Table took us to their coffee shop. Great coffee - PLUS they let me make a double shot cappuncino. I must say I am pretty good at this and could work there some day.

Sam and Andys in Farragut, Tennessee. I always go by there for my Pastrami on Dark Bread. Best deli sandwiches in Knoxvegas.

BBQ - Anytime I am in Alabama I have to go to two places for yummy BBQ: Jim n Nicks and Golden Rule

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So I see how it is...when you're with Caleb you go to all of the cool places. When you're with me all we eat is lousy Chinese food!

Senegal Daily said...

I used to work at Golden Rule - the first one to open in GA.

Ever had the Spud? Mmmm...

Larry said...

Nope, never had the spud but it sounds pretty good. I will have to try that the next time.