Sunday, September 14, 2008

What really counts?




As I was sitting yesterday enjoying a rainy and cold Saturday morning in Southwest Germany (okay my picture is on a sunny day. Who really wants to see a rainy landscape photo?). I read the book of Galatians in the New Testament. I really like this book. It is relatively short so I can read it in one setting.

The Apostle Paul wrote it and says some pretty cool things in there. I love how once Paul says “you foolish Galatians”.
Why did he do that?
I think one issue that he was addressing was that they were becoming caught up in the wrong things. They were listening to people who were complicating the gospel.

This struck me in Galatians 6:15 NLT as Paul was winding down his letter. He says “what counts is whether we really have been changed into new and different people.

I think sometimes my bottom line may not be that. I will at times lean towards efficiency, competency or just downright pragmatism. I can become too caught up in the other stuff and forget that my life has been radically changed / transformed by Christ.

Life change is what it is about!

Paul says this in Romans 12 - Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

This is what really counts.

No comments: