Monday, April 13, 2009

Led... Continued

I hope you had an super Resurrection Sunday yesterday.
It is now Easter Monday here in Europe so much of Europe is on holiday today. I hope your Monday is great wherever you happen to be reading this.

I want to pick back up on my LED series which is about the role of the Holy Spirit in missions.

I would miss a key aspect of the Holy Spirit and missions if I did not include this in my series.

5 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed steadily into heaven and saw the glory of God, and he saw Jesus standing in the place of honor at God’s right hand. 6 And he told them, “Look, I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing in the place of honor at God’s right hand!” Acts 7:55-56

Amidst intense pressure and imminent death Stephen did not run and take cover. He stood with boldness and power and he gave the Message. I do not think he did this on his own. I believe this was beyond his human competency. This was the power of the Holy Spirit as was promised in Acts 1:8. This was a demonstration that the Holy Spirit can give us boldness in our witness no matter what our circumstances.

Sometimes we need that boldness in a hostile crowd. Other times we need that same boldness as we talk to a friend or neighbor or family member that does not yet know Jesus. The Holy Spirit gives us boldness.

No comments: