Tuesday, December 16, 2008

reverse mission opportunities 2

To keep going on my reverse mission trip theme.

I wonder if this would work. I have never tried it and I am sure someone has so I would be interested in how did it work?

Instead of you bringing your church to "do" a basketball camp or soccer camp that you could bring a group of people to "attend" a soccer camp in Europe? What if you were able to equip your participants to come and live life side by side with a European and be able to share your faith with them in some natural ways? Not to mention learn some pretty good soccer skills.

You see most of the time we want to go on a mission trip and and “Do” something so that someone can attend it and thus hear the gospel. What if we simply get involved in something that is already going on and find ways to tell our story in that way? To me this is the more natural way to share our faith. It is being the salt and light to a group of people.

2 comments:

Mark and Hannah said...

You see, this is why I love you. Thanks for reorientating (is that a word?) my brain....

Larry said...

Thanks Mark. I would love to see someone give that a try. If it is you let me know if it works. I think I may have another "reversed" way of thinking coming soon.